The original plan was to head to Ibiza from Valencia, so we started piecing together the logistics of that. Making it to Ibiza would require a bus ride (or car rental), ferry ride and train ride all in a very tight timeframe, as we would have to be back in Valencia Saturday afternoon. We deliberated for quite awhile, walked back and forth between the train station and Cafe y Te at least 14 times, and were just about to flip a euro to determine our fate -- Ibiza or Barcelona. But at the last minute, Iezzi and I both said Barcelona. Josh teared up a little, and I think he still might have booked a ferry ticket to the island...
We were doing all of this deliberating at a computer station in a gritty cafe at the Valencia Nord tran station. Sitting next to us were 2 americanos. We´d been there for about 20 minutes when I took a second look at these dudes and realized I KNEW THEM. I had met them back in March the night of Holly D´s bachelorette party... they helped her check a couple things off her ¨to do¨ list !! We were all pretty shocked to have randomly run into each other like that. They were on a very similar tour as us, making stops in Madrid, Sevilla, Granada and Tomatina. They too were headed to Barcelona (an unplanned stop on their trip as well). Small little world, eh?
![]() |
| Wait a minute... I know you guys! |
So we´re in Barcelona and I think we´re all happy to be here (but again, Josh may have booked a ferry ticket, we´re still not sure if he was serious about that). Plans for Barcelona include beach, Picasso museum, finally trying churros, discotecing the night away, and not getting pick-pocketed.
![]() |
| Sangria in Barcelona |


No comments:
Post a Comment